it's about Amsterdam
6 international artists living in Amsterdam
- EYES OF STONE composed and performed by SAMANTHA DE SIENA
- SEAGULL (SCHIPOL) composed and performed by HUGO MORANGO
- SONG CYCLE composed and performed by Natalia Dominguez Rangel
- SPEECH PERCEPTIONS composed and performed by Natalia Dominguez Rangel
- production and direction: CATARINA NEVES RICCI
- concept: CATARINA NEVES RICCI
- photography direction: BRUNO SOARES
- editing: PAULO PINTO
- editing assistants: HUGO SANTIAGO, EDGAR ALBERTO
- camera operators: MIGUEL TAVARES, PAULO PINTO, JOÃO MB COSTA
- sound: ALEK RIQUELME
- production assistants: JEAN CHAMANE, SEAN WITHWORTH
b. Lisbon, 1984
Filmmaker now based in Amsterdam. Always fascinated by music, dance, cinema, books and other cultures, Catarina Neves Ricci left Lisbon with the age of 20, when studying Psychology, and moved to the south of Brazil to attend Film School. The idea was becoming a scriptwriter. Two years after she was studying production and film direction in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Since then Neves Ricci worked in Lisbon, Madrid, Barcelona and Amsterdam. Some of her responsibilities have been: assistant director of many music videos and TV spots for the Colombian singer Shakira; assistant director of several TV commercials for brands like Philips, Danone and Coca-Cola, along with many different projects for both cinema and television. However, it was with OF AMSTERDAM that she finally did what always wanted: an independent documentary film. OF AMSTERDAM was written, produced and directed by Catarina Neves Ricci and it was considered by many one of the best cultural projects of the year 2012 in the Netherlands, along with her name as best new artist.
- Living and working in Amsterdam
* 24.11.66 Hilden/rhld., Germany
2009 Co-Founder of OP VOORRAAD, Pop-up and webshop
since 2002 jewellery artist, free-lance graphic designer
1999 - 2002 study at jewelry dep. of gerrit rietveld academy,
1992 - 1999 art direction, graphic design/screen design
1986 - 1994 study of visual communications.
fachhochschule Düsseldorf/D. diploma
- Mariangela Tinelli is german/italian and moved to Amsterdam to study modern dance at the performing arts academy.She also got influenced by the mime academy where she took several courses.After graduating she worked with various international choreographers, directors and visual artists.Exploring the idea's of and about movement, having a great interest in performability the borders between disciplines vanished.Her performance is movement based and has big traces of theater.Working with Martin Butler, Katalina Mella Araneda, Inari Salmivaara, Laura Moro, Viktor Alimpiev, Blood for Roses, Klaus Jürgens, Zhana Ivanova, Jochen Stechman etc.In recent times her own pieces have come to take shape as well.
- Hercules Goulart Martins (Brazil), director of TeTo Projects Foundation (established in Amsterdam) which is a non-profit organization for current art and design practices. Additionally, discussions are organized and closely shared between artists, specialists and public.
- My focus for the past 7 years has been on the research and creative
development for the communication and re-use of heritage.
I use Anthropological methods to comprehend the deepness and sensibilities of the contexts, which combined with interpretative design, inspire me to respectfully create engaging strategies materialized in products and activities for natural and cultural heritage.
Behind these somehow objective activities, there's a land beyond full of mountains, sunny meadows, walking paths, intuition, forests and emotional forests, song writing, tales, dreams and sounds, kayak lakes, the North…
- LucFosther Diop was born in 1980(Douala-Cameroon). He studied Fine Arts at the Yaounde 1 University, from where he graduated in 2003 and at the Rijksakademie van Beeldende Kunsten in 2009-2010. In 2006 he was part of the project-travel EXITOUR where a group of artists traveled trough seven West African countries which ended with an intervention at the Dakar Biennale. LucFosther Diop's art, which spans performance, installation, sculpture, painting, drawing, video and printmaking, engages personal, social, historical, cultural and political geographies in the context of global crisis and economical confrontations. His work has been shown in many exhibitions and festivals abroad and in Cameroon such as: — ''Ok Video International Festival'', National Gallery, Jakarta, Indonesia 2007; — ''World One Minute Video Exhibition'', Today Art Museum, Beijing, China 2008; — ''Identity: An Imagined State'', CCA, Lagos, Nigeria 2009, — ''First FIAC'' ,National Museum of Contemporary and Modern Art, Alger, Algeria 2009; - ''Ceci produit Cela'', Contemporary art Centre Doual'art, Douala, Cameroon 2010; — ''Contemporary African video art'' , International Rotterdam Film Festival, Rotterdam, The Netherlands 2010; — ''Africa 2.0'', Influx Contemporary Gallery, Lisbon, Portugal 2010, — ''MTN Foundation Residencies Retro One'' , Gallery Mam-MTN Foundation, Douala, Cameroon 2010-2011; —''16thInternational Symposium on Electronic Art'', Dortmund, Essen and Duisburg, Germany 2010; — ''Forms and topographies : African Cityscape in flux'' curated by Dominique Fontaine at the 2nd Thessaloniki Biennale of Contemporary Art in Greece 2009 He lives and works between Douala-Cameroon and Amsterdam- The Netherlands.
- Natalia Domínguez Rangel (Bogotá 1981) composer resident in Amsterdam. Graduated from her Bachelor and Master in composition at the Conservatorium van Amsterdam (2010). Winner of the Tera de Marez Oyensprijs (Amsterdam 2009). Participant in Huddersfield Contemporary Music Festival (UK), Young Composers Meeting (Apeldoorn) and Gaudeamus Music Week (Amsterdam). Has taken lessons from Louis Andriessen, Brian Ferneyhough, Richard Ayres, Julia Wolfe, Theo Loevendie , Wim Henderickx and Fabio Nieder. Has worked with several ensembles such as the Nieuw Ensemble, Asko Schoemberg, trio7090 (Amsterdam) and Adapter ensemble (Berlin). To notate important collaborations with Mediamatic and DNK (Amsterdam) and Stedelijk Museum de Lakenhal (Leiden)